LG Energy Solution Ltd (Company) cares about your personal information.
Collecting personal information
The personal information we may collect will depend on the circumstances of collection, including whether we collect the information from you when you: make an enquiry with the Company; register with the Company, provide information to us via the Company's website; or interact with third parties that are affiliated with the Company.
• may collect and hold the following kinds of personal information for Customer Recall Process: name, contact details, communications to or from the Company, transactional information regarding our products or services; and
• may collect and hold the following kinds of personal information about contractors, service providers and suppliers for Membership Registration: name, job title, business contact details of company representatives with whom we deal, number of employees, preferred distributor
We will generally collect personal information directly from you. This may be through various contact methods such as by telephone, email and mail, or when you complete forms, questionnaires, transact or request further information about our products through one of our websites, marketing platforms, or other related campaigns. We may also collect personal information from third parties such as your representatives, government agencies or publicly available sources of information.
If someone other than you provides us with personal information about you that we did not ask for and we determine that we could have collected this information from you had we asked for it, we will notify you as soon as practicable. However, this notice will not be provided if doing so would be a breach of an obligation of confidence. If we could not have collected this personal information, we will lawfully de-identify or destroy that personal information.
When contacting us, you have the option to not identify yourself or to use a pseudonym. However, this will not apply if it is impracticable for us to communicate with you that way or if we are required or authorised under Australian law (or a court or tribunal order) to only deal with individuals who have identified themselves.
Use and disclosure of information
The Company collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for the purpose for which it was collected (see below), or for related purposes or other purposes.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• to facilitate membership registration;
• to maintain, manage and develop our relationship with you;
• to respond to any questions or enquiries from you or to respond to any feedback you have provided about the Company;
• to contact you about our products and services;
• to distribute marketing materials or our newsletter to you;
• to send you information about new developments, products, services and special offers;
• to send you information about the Company;
• to send you notifications about recall range;
• to contract out some of our functions to external service providers and suppliers (such as mailing houses, printing companies, IT providers and advertising and marketing services);
• to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
• such purposes for which we may obtain consent from time to time.
The Company may disclose personal information to third parties for the purposes set out above, including but not limited to:
• the Company's contracted service providers;
• Commonwealth agencies;
• State and Territory agencies;
• enforcement bodies;
• the Company's legal advisors and representatives;
If you do not provide the personal information required by the Company, we may not be able to provide services to you or contact you in relation to issues associated with the product and its use and installation. Also, you may be restricted from entry into the contract, performance of the contract including remittance of payment, which means that collection of information is necessary for this purpose, results from the provisions of law and is a condition of concluding a contract. The provision of personal information in order to fulfil the legitimate interest of the Company is voluntary, but necessary for the achievement of the above objectives.
Disclosure of personal information overseas
We will not usually disclose your personal information to overseas recipients except as outlined in this policy. We may disclose your personal information to the headquarter of the Company located in South Korea and its overseas subsidiaries. We may transfer personal information to other entities located in South Korea who provide services to the Company, such as IT service providers, advisors and auditors or to government authorities in order to fulfill our legal obligations in overseas jurisdictions.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information about you for the purpose of sending you information about new developments, products, services and special offers by post, telephone, email or any form of electronic communication.
You may opt out of these communications at any time by contacting us at the details provided below. If you opt out of receiving marketing material, we will still send you information relating to your membership, if applicable.
Accuracy of your information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information held by us is accurate, complete and up to date. If you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate, please contact us at the details provided below and we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
Storage and security
We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep your personal information in a secure environment. Our procedures are designed to prevent your personal information being accessed by unauthorised personnel, lost or misused. We follow industry standards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. These standards include reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards.
Access to information we hold about you
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to ask for access to personal information that we hold about you, and ask that we correct that personal information.
If you request access to the personal information we hold about you, we will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time and, where reasonable and practicable, give access to the information in the manner you request. This will be subject to any exceptions allowed under the Privacy Act and our legal obligations. If you request a correction to your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information to ensure that it is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading. You may request access to your personal information or correction of this information by contacting our Privacy Officer of the Company at the detail below:
• Privacy Officer: Information Security Department Officer
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Telephone: +82 2 3773 4293
We may charge a reasonable fee for providing you with access to your information.
How to make a complaint
If you wish to complain to us about how we have handled your personal information, you should complain in writing to our Privacy Officer using the contact details above.
If we receive a complaint from you about how we have handled your personal information, we will determine what (if any) action we should take to resolve the complaint.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by contacting them at the details below:
• Telephone: 1300 363 992; or