The following provisions are to specify the General Terms and Conditions for Service Use of LG ESS Battery Website provided by LG Energy Solution, Ltd..
Please verify the general terms and conditions before using the services.
Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of these General Terms and Conditions is to provide rights, obligations, and duties between the site and the members wherein users use the Internet related services (hereinafter referred to as “Services”) of the LG ESS Battery Website https://www.lgessbattery.com provided by LG Energy Solution, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company").
Article 2 (Definitions of Terms)
The definitions of terms used in these General Terms and Conditions shall be as follows:
- “Member” shall refer to a person who consents to these General Terms and Conditions as an agent or a seller selling the ESS products of LG Energy Solution, specifies his or her personal information on the form of membership application at the LG ESS Battery Website, and obtains approval from a service administrator.
- “Site” shall refer to the virtual business place established to provide goods or services by using information telecommunication facilities of computers, etc. in order for the Company to provide goods or services, and shall be also used as a business operator administering the site.
Article 3 (Effectiveness and Modification of General Terms and Conditions)
- These General Terms and Conditions shall come into effect in relation to all users who intend to use the services provided by the Company.
- The provisions of these General Terms and Conditions shall come into effect when they are publicly announced at the site by being posted on the notification screen or some screen or in any other way.
- In the event that there is a significant ground for administration or business, the Company may change these General Terms and Conditions to the extent that it does not violate relevant laws, including the Act on Regulations of Standardized Contracts, etc., the Framework Act for Electronic Transactions, the Digital Signature Act, the Act on Information Telecommunication Network Use Promotion, etc., the Act on Door-to-Door Sales, etc., the Consumer Protection Act. These General Terms and Conditions as changed shall come into effect after being publicly announced for seven (7) days by being posting on the notification screen or some screen or in any other way.
Article 4 (Relevant Rules other than these General Terms and Conditions)
With respect to any matter not specified in these General Terms and Conditions, the Framework Act on Electronic Telecommunications, the Electronic Telecommunications Business Act, and any other relevant laws, and guidelines independently specified by the Company, etc. shall be applicable.
Article 5 (Content of Services)
The Company shall provide each of the following services:
- To provide information and educational materials related to the Company’s ESS products
- To provide benefits according to sales performance of the Company’s ESS products or
- To provide any other services determined by the Company.
Article 6 (Provision of Point Services)
- The Company may give designated points notified within the site according to members’ sales performance of ESS products of LG Energy Solution.
- Where there is a significant ground for administration or business of the site, the Company change items for accumulation of points, accumulation of points, or promotion gifts after giving a prior notice thereof.
- Points shall be accumulated for the latest one (1) year’s performance as of the day.
- The remaining points shall be points deducting used points from accumulated points.
- Members’ grades shall be fixed based on the accumulate points, and promotion gifts shall be provided by grade.
- Promotion gifts using the remaining points shall be provided.
Article 7 (Restrictions on Services)
In each of the following cases, the Company may restrict or suspend the services in whole or in part:
- (a) Where it is unavoidable to do so due to constructions, including repairs of service equipment
- (b) Where the services have a substantial effect on the company’s other services
- (c) Where there is any other reason beyond one’s control or
- (d) Where it is difficult to normally use the services due to national urgencies, power failures, failures of relevant equipment, or excessive uses, etc., or where there is a significant ground for administration or business.
- Where a member has not logged in the site for ninety (90) days, he or she shall be deemed to be a dormant member, and may use the services in a normal way only if he or she changes an effective account according to the procedures provided by the services.
Article 8 (Formation of Use Agreement)
- If a member consents to the consent procedures specified for the provisions of these General Terms and Conditions for Service Use, he or she shall be deemed to have consented to the use agreement.
- A use agreement shall be formed when the Company approves a member’s application for use specified in this Article. The Company shall approve all of agreements of applications for use in Article 10 Sections 2 and 3.
Article 9 (Application for Use)
An application for use shall be filed by specifying relevant records according to the predetermined form and method, online or an independent method for use determined by the Company.
Article 10 (Approval of Application for Use)
- When a member files an application for use by accurately specifying the matters set forth in Article 8, the Company may approve such an application except for the case of Section 2 or Also the Company may restrict use of the services in part according to the items of specifications.
The Company may deter its approval of each of the following applications for use:
- (a) Where the Company does not have sufficient facilities for use of the services
- (b) Where it is impossible to provide the services for technical grounds
- (c) Where an application is found to affect the Company’s other services or
- (d) Where it is otherwise difficult to approve uses on any other grounds.
The Company may not approve each of the following applications for use:
- (a) Where an ID (Email) or company information specified is not accurate
- (b) Where an ID (Email) or company information specified overlaps that of a previous member
- (c) Where an applicant files an application by specifying false required matters at the time of filing
- (d) Where an applicant files an application for the purpose of undermining the society's social orders or good morals
- (e) Where an application is found to affect the Company’s other services or
- (f) Where any other requirements for application for use determined by the Company are not satisfied.
Article 11 (Change of Specification in Agreements)
Where there is a change in the matters specified by a member at the time of his or her application for use, the member shall make a change(s), online or an independent method for use determined by the Company.
Article 12 (Notifications for Members)
- In the event that the Company is required to give a notice to the members, it may do so by the emails submitted by the members.
- In the event that the Company gives a notice to unspecified and many members, it may replace individual notifications by posting notices on the bulletin board for not less than seven (7) days.
- In the event that a member has not verified a written confirmation provided by the Company due to his or her negligent control of an email address, errors in the site providing the mail services, etc., the Company shall not assume any responsibility therefor.
Article 15 (Members’ Duties and Responsibilities for Management of Member IDs and Passwords)
- The members shall be responsible for managing their log-in information of IDs (emails) and passwords. The members shall be responsible for all the consequences resulting from their negligence management or wrongful use of log-in information.
- In the event that a member’s ID (email), password, or company information is used by a third party without permission, the member must notify the Company thereof. In the event that a member has suffered damages or damages has been expanded because his or her default on or delay in giving a relevant notice to the Company, the Company shall not assume responsibilities for such damages.
- Where there is a change in the member information specified by a member at the time of his or her application for use, the member shall directly make a change(s) online, and shall be responsible for any problem that may arise due to his or her not doing so.
Article 16 (Provision of Information)
The Company may provide the members by email any information that it finds to necessary while the services are used.
Article 17 (Compensation for Damages)
- The Company may conduct regular monitoring for improving the services, during which period the Company shall not compensate for damages as to unstable services or discontinuance of the services.
- The Company shall not assume responsibilities for damages or delay in provision of the services resulting from a ground beyond the control of providers, such as users’ negligent conduct, natural disasters of fires, flood, etc., or strikes, difficulties in supply of electricity, etc.
- In the event that a member suffers damages as a result of the Company’s willfulness or negligence, the member may request the Company to compensate for damages provided, however, that where a member suffers damages in violation of these General Terms and Conditions for Service Use and the Personal Information Handling Policies, the Company shall not assume responsibilities for such damages.
- In the event that a member violates these General Terms and Conditions for Service Use or otherwise obstructs the Company’s service provisions or other normal business activities because of his or her willfulness or negligence, he or she shall be responsible for compensating the Company for damages.
- In the event that a member does not receive goods shipped due to a wrong address or his or her personal ground, the Company shall not assume responsibilities therefor.
These General Terms and Conditions shall be applicable from 01. 04, 2016.